Native Applications are applications that are designed and coded for a particular operating system, such as Android or iOS using the specific programming language required.
Native apps can only be distributed via their respective app marketplaces and require OS-specific developer accounts
Benefits of Native Apps:
- Can integrate with all the unique features and hardware of the OS
- Can have a user interface/design that feels like it is part of the OS
- For apps needing a large amount of complex computation or rendering, Native Apps can have better performance than Cross Platform Apps and Progressive Web Apps
Drawbacks of Native Apps:
- Only supports one OS, Each OS must be developed and tested individually
- Usually pricier, depending on features and integrations
- Usually have a longer development timeline
- User interface/design generally varies slightly between OS
Not sure what type of app might suite you best?
Connect with us for a free 30 min. zoom consultation to find out what options might work best for you!